With the dust settling on VMworld US, we’re already thinking about VMworld Europe 2012, which takes place in Barcelona from the 9th to 11th of October. This year, the theme for both events is transformation, with many of the speaker sessions focussing on just how businesses can use virtualisation and cloud technologies to transform the way they deliver IT.
For one lucky blog reader, we’re giving away a free ticket to join us in Barcelona and experience the power of IT transformation first hand.
Worth over £1000, the ticket will give the winner access to all the sessions taking place at the show, including Hands-On Labs, a keynote from our incoming CEO, Pat Gelsinger, and exclusive insights from some of our customers. Ticket winners will also be given a couple of extra perks to make their time at the show even better, including:
- €100 spending money
- Access to VIP-only facilities
- A ticket for the exclusive UK customer party
- Opportunity to contribute guest posts to the VMware UK blog
To enter the competition, all you have to do is tell us on Twitter why you want to go to the show, tweeting us @vmware_uk, including the hashtag #VMworldTicket. You can also enter in the comments box below by letting us know why you want to go to VMworld or which session you most look forward to attending. If you’re entering via the blog, don’t forget to enter your email address where prompted.
The competition will end on at 12:00am BST on Friday 28th September, and the lucky winner will be announced very shortly afterwards, giving them plenty of time to book flights and schedule their time. For terms and conditions, click here.
So, let us know why you want to go to VMworld Europe and win the #VMworldTickets competition!
If you want to hear from other customers why VMworld is such a great event, we’ve put together a video with five attendees from VMworld San Francisco explaining their favourite bits of the show.
- Only one entry per user. If we receive multiple entries from one user we will submit only their first entry into the prize draw
- The competition will end at midday BST on Friday 28 September. No entries will be accepted after this time
- If an entry is submitted incompletely (e.g. missing the hashtag on Twitter, or not answering the relevant question for your mode of entry) it will be deemed as invalid.
- VMware will select one winner via a random prize draw
- VMware will DM the winner on Twitter, or email them via the address given in the winning blog comment, to request contact details for the prize. The winner must respond to VMware within 48 hours to claim their prize – if no response is received within this timeframe, then VMware will redraw the prize for that individual and announce a new winner. Once the winner has claimed the prize they will be announced on Twitter and the VMware blog
- By submitting your answer you consent to VMware’s use of the response for any follow-up marketing collateral
- By being selected as a winner and accepting the prize you allow VMware to contact and request that you make yourself available for reasonable promotional purposes, including thoughts on VMworld Europe for posts in the lead up to VMworld Europe and a video blog from the show. This is not, however, a pre-requisite for entering.
- The prize cannot be exchanged or substituted for an alternative ticket or cash equivalent
- VMware’s decision is final and cannot be queried
- Additional aspects of the prize (including spending money and VIP/AAA passes) cannot be accepted independent of the ticket, and can only be redeemed at VMworld Europe 2012
- Winners are responsible for providing their own travel, accommodation and associated documentation and travel insurance
- VMware accepts no responsibility for and is not liable for any accident, injury or damages incurred during the course of the trip